Troubles, like babies, grow larger by nursing.
How do you feel when someone unloads all of his problems and complaints on you? Not very uplifting and energizing, is it? The truth is, nobody likes to be around a complainer — except, perhaps, other complainers.
Self-pity is an acid which eats holes in happiness.
The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles.
Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
(1) Definitions of ‘spirituality’ in the Oxford English Dictionary run to several pages. This is largely because the word ‘spirit’ has many meanings. These include a sense of loyalty or cohesion (‘team spirit’), an emotional state (‘in high spirits’), a deeper sense of meaning (‘the spirit of the law’), certain chemicals (‘white spirit’) and, of course, strong alcoholic beverages (‘spirits’). There are many interpretations of spirituality, and they all relate to things outside the realms of physical nature or matter. Spirituality goes beyond the appearance of things to their underlying principles or forces. Living spiritually doesn’t necessarily mean following a particular religion, but it does infer understanding that the universe has some order and that the creative force behind it (whatever that may be) is intelligent and purposeful. Spirituality is highly practical. It is about finding meaning and purpose in an apparently imperfect world then using what we learn to create happy, healthy, prosperous and fulfilling lives for ourselves and others. It is not, as we shall see, a special thing to be found in out-of-the-way places – it is Life itself, flowing, ever-present and abundant.
(2) Spirituality is founded on an appreciation that the world we detect through our five senses is not the ultimate reality. Objects that appear to be solid are not as solid as we think they are. One of the first to understand this was the Greek philosopher Plato. He realised that everything we perceive through our senses is merely an expression of universal ideas or ‘Forms’. These are independent entities which exist whether or not we are aware of them and able to grasp them with the mind. Love, for example, exists in the universe as an idea; we only become aware of it when it enters our experience. Even then, my experience of love may be different from yours. Meanwhile, the idea of love itself remains constant, permanent and unchanging, as do other universal ideas such as wisdom, justice, honesty, beauty and so on. For more than two thousand years, Plato’s theory was just that – a theory – and could not be proved one way or the other. Then at the beginning of the twentieth century it was verified by scientists when quantum physicists discovered a ‘substance’ or ‘energy’ out of which all physical things are formed. In other words, the universe is not solid at all. It is made of energy – and so are you
Love, for example, exists in the universe as an idea; we only become aware of it when it enters our experience. Even then, my experience of love may be different from yours. Meanwhile, the idea of love itself remains constant, permanent and unchanging, as do other universal ideas such as wisdom, justice, honesty, beauty and so on.
The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind.
You are not what you think you are. But what you think YOU ARE!
Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
Never underestimate your power to change yourself.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Think, act and talk with enthusiasm and you ll attract positive results.
2. Transform your life – A real story
Some thoughts before we launch right into this material: This course and complementary texts and messages can help you, no matter how positive or negative you are right now. If you’re negative, don’t despair. You can use these concepts to develop and maintain a positive attitude... and to achieve incredible breakthroughs in your life. If you’re already a positive person, you can use these principles to soar to even greater heights of success and fulfillment.
2. Transform your life – A real story
In 1980, A. was graduated from law school and thought he'd be a lawyer for the rest of their life. After all, that's what he'd wanted to do since his early teenage years.
At first, everything went according to plan. After lots of studying that summer, he passed the Bar Examination and was admitted to practice law in New York. His personal life was also on the upswing. In early 1981, he married B., a law school classmate.
3. Your thoughts is your vision to the world
Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.
George Bernard Shaw
5. You’re a human attraction
Whether you think you can - or think you can’t you’re right!
What’s the key to success? Why do some people succeed while others fail?
Earl Nightingale, the great success writer, broadcaster and speaker, addressed this issue in his famous recorded message entitled “The Strangest Secret.” In this program, he identified the key to success in just six words. Of course, he went on to explain it in more detail - but the foundation of his success secret is only six words.
You’d like to know the six words, wouldn’t you? Well, before I tell you the key to success, you might be surprised to learn that the same six words are also the key to failure!
Are you ready for the key to success? Here it is:
- We become what we think about
On a gut level, does that make sense to you?
- 6. Attitude Adjustment Leads To Real Estate Ownership
- 7. Attitude Vs. Action
- 8. Your circumstances reflect what you’ve been thinking about
- 9. Change Your Thinking
- 10. Repetition is the key
- 11. Don’t Count On Overnight Success
- 12. Picture your way to success!
- 13. Mental movies from childhood
- 14. Take responsibility for your own movies
- 15. Change the meaning of the old movie